Everyone these days is leaving behind the websites of the past and is talking about creating responsive websites for their business. While this shift is quite clear, what exactly is the reasoning behind this evident shift? Now, proceeding to build a responsive website without having this question answered would be nothing more than a mob mentality. So, let us through this blog explore the reasons behind the popularity of responsive web design and why a responsive website is the best business investment that you can make in today’s world.
1. Make Way for All Smartphone Users to Your Business
In the world today, there are around 6.4 billion smartphone users. While this number in itself sounds like a lot it does more so when you consider the fact that the global population today stands at 7.9 billion. That means over 80% of the world’s population has been conquered by the smartphone wave. To make it clearer, let’s bring in another statistic. 55.4% of internet users make use of their smartphones for their online purchases. So, technically the success of your business depends upon if you are able to reach this said fraction of the population. And how do you do it? By creating a responsive website for your business.
A responsive web design would help create a website that will run smoothly across all mobile devices without taking user experience down even by a notch. Just imagine for yourself, will you continue on a website that doesn’t work well on your mobile screens? No, right? So is the case with every potential customer of yours out there. So, invest in a responsive web design and make sure that all your website visitors have a positive experience that would increase the chances of them investing in your products or services.
2. Rank Higher On Search Engines with a Responsive Web Design
As per the algorithm that search engines follow, responsive websites always rank higher and that too organically. And you know how important it is to rank on top of SERPs across all search engines like Google and Bing in order to stay ahead in this competitive world. As per statistics, the top 2 links that pop up when a search relevant to them is initiated receives the most number of visitors and it’s only rare that internet users ever go beyond the second page of the search engine. So, if you plan on increasing the visibility of your website organically, investing in a responsive website design is the easy way ahead.
Why Responsive Websites Rank Higher on Google?
- Considering the global increases in mobile users, Google has mobile-friendliness as one of the key ranking factors.
- Responsive websites make it easier for Google to crawl and index as they have one URL and the same HTML.
- Another key ranking factor is user-friendliness and a responsive web design stands tall on that ground.
- The more time that a user spends on your website, the higher that it will rank on Google and as a responsive website prioritises user experience over everything the probability of visitors spending more time on your website increases.
3. Helps Create a Better User Experience
No website can serve its purpose of bringing in more customers if it doesn’t deliver a positive user experience. And a responsive website helps create a user-friendly experience in not one but several ways.
- First of all, as we mentioned before, a responsive website works well across all mobile devices. And therefore would ensure a positive experience for every individual who visits your website via their mobiles
- A responsive web design is easy to navigate and when a website makes it hard to find things that one needs, user experience takes a downward slope. And a responsive website prevents this from happening.
- Responsive websites load faster than your regular websites and the faster a website loads, the better the user experience would be. According to one study, 53% of users would leave a website if the loading time is more than 3 seconds. And therefore you know how important a criterion is loading time.
So, all these factors together help create a better user experience and a responsive website brings all of them into the picture.
4. A Cost-effective Web Design Solution
While developing a responsive website might seem expensive while it is in the making, in the long run, it will be an investment that will keep on bringing more and more customers to your website. And the more the customers, the more your profit margin would be and the initial cost would be immediately covered. Also, a responsive website is easy to maintain and also makes it easier to adopt SEO and other marketing tactics. Without a responsive web design, you would have to create different versions of the same website and therefore, would have to market them one by one, this would demand a lot of time and money from your end. Whereas, a single responsive website would work well with all devices and reduce the effort that you put into SEO and marketing to half.
These were the reasons why a responsive website is the best investment that you can make for your business today in this digital world. And it is definitely an investment that you would never regret. And we know that you would be convinced in the favour of this statement. So, the next thing that you need to do is get in touch with a web design agency, have them create a responsive website for your business and take it to newer heights.