A successful small business web design is a lot more than just a collection of stock photos and product descriptions. With almost 2 billion websites on the world wide web today, a great way to show potential customers that you’re legitimate, trustworthy, and worth their money and attention is by creating an effective and informative website. It should also serve as a marketing tool to showcase your products and services in the best possible light, build confidence in your brand and help you increase sales.
This article will teach you what goes into creating a successful and affordable website design in Melbourne that will help increase the number of visitors and make more sales for your business. Let’s dive in!
6 Components Necessary For A Small Business Website
Choose a Relevant Domain Name
The domain name is the address of your website and it is the first thing people will see when they come to your website. The better the domain, the better your chances are of attracting more clients and customers. It’s important to choose a domain that accurately reflects your business and its target audience. The name should be easy to remember, make sense, and be memorable. For example, if you’re selling cars, it might make sense to use the word “car” in your domain name. If you’re a landscape architect, “landscape” might be a better choice.
Include Important Company Details
Your site should include all the important information about your company, products and services and contact details. It is especially important if you sell products or services directly from the website rather than through an app or other means of digital commerce.
- The About us page is great for setting the stage for your brand. It’s where you can introduce yourself, give a brief overview of the company, and explain what sets it apart from other similar businesses. The content should also be compelling enough that people want to click through and find out more about your company. Keep it short but informative.
- The Contact us Page is a mandatory component of any website. It should be designed to provide all the information that the customers would need in one place. They should be able to choose from different methods of communication like email, phone, or even social media such as Facebook and Twitter. It should also have clear instructions regarding how they will receive your feedback.
- The Product and Services Page is a place where potential customers can see what your company offers, learn more about the services you provide and find out how they can get started with you. Include a clear call-to-action button that prompts visitors to buy, use relevant images that convey what you’re selling and showcase special deals or promotions that are currently running.
Impressive Web Design
As per a recent survey, 75% of people believed that they judge the credibility of any business through its web design. It shows that a great web design is vital to attract visitors and create a lasting impression. Your layout should be easy to navigate, visually appealing, mobile-friendly, designed with your target audience in mind and reflect who you are as a company. A well-designed and thoughtfully-constructed site can be the difference between luring in a new customer or losing them to another competitor.
The next thing on the list is smooth navigation. It means ensuring that all of the website pages are easy to navigate and not overwhelming with too many links or long text blocks. It also means having an easy way for people to get around different parts of your site without using too many buttons or tabs (unless, there are special features on those pages). You can accomplish this by using simple navigation menus on each page with clear instructions for how to move through each section. It will help keep visitors on track so that they can find the information that’s most relevant to them, whether it’s products or services or news about upcoming events at your business.
“Content is the reason search began in the first place.” – Lee Odden.
The best way to make sure you’re providing informative and valuable content is by keeping an eye on what people are searching for when they come across your site. Use tools like Google Trends or Bing Trends to see what keywords are driving traffic and conversions on your site (as well as other competitors’). A good website will include relevant content that people want to share with their friends on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
An on-site blog is a great way to drive traffic to your website, providing valuable content to your audience and making them stay longer. Make sure that the content is updated regularly and is informative and engaging. The topics should also be relevant to your target audience.
Some of the many benefits of having a blog on your website for small businesses include:
- Increases engagement with your brand by providing useful, engaging content to readers.
- It’s an important tool for promoting your products or services, which helps drive sales.
- It can be used as a place where you can post announcements and news about new products or services you’re working on.
Regardless of the type of business, it’s important to remember that an effective website is a key to any company’s success in today’s marketplace. Take your time designing a successful website for your small business, and you will reap the rewards for years to come. From a colour scheme to contact information, it’s important that all of the areas are adequately covered.
We hope our list of the six essentials for a successful small business website will help you get started in designing your new website. If you’re looking for professional Custom web design in Melbourne, the team at MMW can help in all aspects. Get in touch today!