The Coronavirus pandemic has forced small businesses to shut down or has restricted the business operations.
Since everyone is supposed to be at home under this lockdown situation, it is essential that small businesses go online and continue their operations.
The best part is that the government is helping small businesses keep afloat through and after this hard time by offering grants to businesses to operate through the web.
As mentioned on the official website of the City of Sydney, small businesses that are registered and located within the area they govern, with a maximum of 19 full-time employees, and an annual turnover of less than $10 million can apply for the grant.
You can use this grant to cover the costs incurred in building your online brand, and an e-commerce business website.
This can include the following:
– e-commerce websites to sell your products/services online, along with an online payment system
– Creating a website
– Digital Marketing, and much more.
If you are a large business in Sydney from the hospitality and tourism industry and are facing hardships, you can still be eligible for the grant as an exception.
Please Note That The Applications to Apply For This Grant Close on the 27th April 2020!
1. Sooner or later, you WILL get a website created (to sustain in this technological era). If you do it now, you will be able to get benefitted from the grant that would allow you to rebrand your business.
2. Your customers miss you and would want to avail of your products/services whilst being safe. Why not launch an e-commerce website and reach them in their comfort zone?
3. Your competitors are doing it, why do you want to hold back?
4. Once you have a website, you have an online identity and an opportunity to reach out to a wider audience.
5. You might ask, Why should we go online during COVID-19? Our answer will be, this is not the time to disappear. It is the time to be creative to sustain, engage with your customers, make use of the help the government provides, and reach your targets. Take a moment to think about why you should NOT be doing this? You will find no reason. Period.
Our simple tip would be to ponder on our thoughts, and take action NOW!